The 2nd Alpen-Adria workshop on
Optimization is planned as a satellite event to the SIAM
conference on Optimization in Darmstadt
from May 16 to May 19, 2011.
first workshop, it is planned as an informal get-together of
young researchers to present and discuss their current work.
of the workshop consists of a few plenary lectures, and contributed talks by the
Here is the current list of plenary speakers:
- Henry Wolkowicz (University of
- Jon Lee (IBM Research, Yorktown
Heights, New York)
- Miguel Anjos (Polytechnique
- Pablo Parrilo (MIT, Cambridge)
- Kim Chuan Toh (National
University of Singapore)
Here is a
rough outline for the programme:
- Thursday afternoon: first block
- Friday morning: second block of
- Friday afternoon: third block
- Saturday morning: fourth block
- Friday evening: conference
- Saturday afternoon: hiking
We ask for
a small conference fee of 50 Euro (to be paid upon arrival).
conference dinner and the hiking excursion.
case you also plan to attend the Darmstadt conference, you might want
to consider booking a flight between Klagenfurt and Köln/Bonn,
which has good train-connections to Frankfurt am Main and Darmstadt.
Alternatively, there is a direct train from Klagenfurt to Darmstadt on
Sunday, May 15: Klagenfurt departure at 10:31, arrival in Darmstadt at
recommend (in increasing order of cost):
Pension Wachau http://www.pension-wachau.at/
which are all within walking
of the university.
you plan to attend, please send the following information
that presentations will only be considered if we receive your information by February 28.
- your expected arrival and
- whether you plan to give a talk
(if so, also
provide a tentative
As not too many slots for contributed talks are available (and the
talks are organized in a single track), we will possibly have to select
among the submissions.